By Leon N Cooper,Dmitri Feldman
Named a best 5 ebook of 2011 by way of Physics Today, USA.
The BCS conception of superconductivity constructed in 1957 by means of Bardeen, Cooper and Schrieffer has been remarkably winning in explaining the homes of superconductors. moreover, suggestions from BCS were integrated into varied fields of physics, from nuclear physics and dense quark topic to the present regular version. useful purposes comprise SQUIDs, magnetic resonance imaging, superconducting electronics and the transmission of electrical energy. This necessary ebook is a compilation of either a old account and a dialogue of the present country of thought and experiment.
With contributions from many widespread scientists, it goals to introduce scholars and researchers to the origins, the impression and the present nation of the BCS theory.
- Historical Perspectives:
- Remembrance of Superconductivity prior (L N Cooper)
- The highway to BCS (J R Schrieffer)
- Development of strategies in Superconductivity (J Bardeen)
- Failed Theories of Superconductivity (J Schmalian)
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance and the BCS conception (C P Slichter)
- Superconductivity: From Electron interplay to Nuclear Supefluidity (D Pines)
- Developing BCS rules within the Former Soviet Union (L P Gor'kov)
- BCS: The medical “Love of My existence” (P W Anderson)
- Fluctuations, Tunneling and Disorder:
- SQUIDs: Then and Now (J Clarke)
- Resistance in Superconductors (B I Halperin et al.)
- Cooper Pair Breaking (P Fulde)
- Superconductor-Insulator Transitions (A M Goldman)
- Novel stages of Vortices in Superconductors (P Le Doussal)
- Breaking Translational Invariance via inhabitants Imbalance: The Fulde–Ferrell–Larkin–Ovchinnikov States (G Zwicknagl & J Wosnitza)
- New Superconductors:
- Predicting and Explaining Tc and different houses of BCS Superconductors (M L Cohen)
- The Evolution of HTS: Tc-Experiment views (C W Chu)
- The Evolution of High-Temperature Superconductivity: thought standpoint (E Abrahams)
- BCS past Superconductivity:
- The Superfluid stages of Liquid 3He: BCS thought (A J Leggett)
- Superfluidity in a gasoline of Strongly Interacting Fermions (W Ketterle et al.)
- BCS from Nuclei and Neutron Stars to Quark topic and chilly Atoms (G Baym)
- Energy hole, Mass hole, and Spontaneous Symmetry Breaking (Y Nambu)
- BCS as origin and proposal: The Transmutation of Symmetry (F Wilczek)
- From BCS to the LHC (S Weinberg)
Readership: scholars, researchers and teachers attracted to BCS idea and its origin.
Read or Download BCS: 50 Years PDF
Similar science experiments & measurement books
Pervasive healthcare is an rising study self-discipline, targeting the improvement and alertness of pervasive and ubiquitous computing expertise for healthcare and wellbeing. Pervasive healthcare seeksto reply to a number of pressures on healthcare structures, together with the elevated occurrence of life style comparable and persistent ailments, rising consumerism in healthcare, desire for empowering sufferers andrelatives for self-care and administration in their overall healthiness, and want to supply seamless entry for healthcare prone, self reliant of time and position.
Ever ask yourself why steam rises from a bowl of sizzling soup or why a greenhouse keeps warmth? and feature you ever questioned over the true that means of "once in a blue moon" or why sand is darker while it truly is rainy than while it really is dry? And simply why, precisely, do bubbles seem in a pitcher of beer if you happen to upload salt to it? those and lots of different baffling questions are spoke back during this attractive ebook by means of a physics professor at Pennsylvania kingdom collage.
Histochemistry and cytochemistry are vital fields for learning the internal workings of cells and tissues of the physique. whereas visualization strategies were in use for a few years, new equipment of detection built lately aid researchers and practitioners larger comprehend mobilephone job. Histochemical and Cytochemical equipment of Visualization describes the basic innovations that may be used for histochemical investigations in either gentle and transmission electron microscopy.
The mixing of confocal microscopy and quantity research has resulted in an unparalleled skill to ascertain spatial relationships among mobile constitution and serve as. The target of this e-book is to familiarize the reader with those new applied sciences and to illustrate their applicability to quite a lot of organic and scientific difficulties.
- Data Analysis for Physical Scientists
- Three-Dimensional Confocal Microscopy: Volume Investigation of Biological Specimens: Volume Investigation of Biological Specimens (Cell Biology)
- Atomic Force Microscopy in Process Engineering: An Introduction to AFM for Improved Processes and Products
- Expose, Excite, Ignite! An Essential Guide to Whizz-Bang Chemistry
Extra resources for BCS: 50 Years
BCS: 50 Years by Leon N Cooper,Dmitri Feldman